Monday, September 6, 2010

Remnants 1 - Looking for Something Lost

I wrote this short with only a vague idea in mind at the start. Really the only thing I visualized at first was the image of a child digging for worms. From there I pulled the classic saying, "Leave no stone unturned." After that I just let my heart write through my hands. As I wrote, I filled in the rest of the idea, and (clearly) changed it multiple times before reaching the end. I feel like this was a great exercise in writing fiction. Not only was it fun, it also taught me a ton of things about myself and my good and bad points when it comes to writing.

In my next post I'll publish the story I wrote for another idea I had for the prompt "looking for something lost." If you'd like to read the story behind this post, just send me an email.

[ thus concludes this collection of remnants from the blender lid. the first collection of many to come. ]

1 comment: