Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Remnants 14 - A wise man named Peter

A wise man named Peter once came and said to me something about how posting my Stanford responses on the Internet was probably a bad idea, but Remnants 13 - A new year, a new wtfdidijustwrite will still remain available, as it is still sitting as an unsaved pile of words and HTML in notepad.exe. Email me if you want a couple of fresh, unique responses to some otherwise generic questions from one of the most highly selective schools in the nation.

For those curious, the reason I'm not posting my responses here is because the Internet is a scary, dangerous beast. Although it can be tamed and used to one's advantage, as is the case with this blog in that I am able to share my thoughts on the world with the world, there are some things that one simply can't avoid with the Internet. For some of them, read this post that Wesley over at Genre Whiplash wrote.

What I am talking about, chiefly, is the fact that the Internet provides the world with a huge amount of data that can be accessed freely. While this sounds like it should be a good thing, there's some aspects of it that can be bad. For example, people can simply copy data and paste it somewhere else. This is called stealing. Stealing is bad. Stealing is especially bad when it involves genius pieces of writing like my Stanford responses. Another example is the fact that certain services and institutions have the capability to search through massive amounts of data to see if people have been stealing. Institutions like Stanford.

Anyway, what I'm saying is that they might do a plagiarism check thingy, and if my thingies are on the Internet, that's kinda bad. So if you want to read my thingies, shoot me an email.

Edit: Actually, since Windows decided to use self-destruct at some point and took Remnants 13 with it, I can't email it to anyone anymore. I can still send out those Stanford responses though, if people want them.

3 comments:

  1. there will forever be a blank spot of nothingness in the remnants count, courtesy of the wise man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remnants 13 will stay forever in our hearts!
    ...or just that notepad thing that's still just open and not saved.

    ReplyDelete