Thursday, October 28, 2010

Remnants 6 - Late-night Limbo: Part 3 (Life Balance)

Life Balance by Nagisa Cosmetic. Listen to it here AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Life Balance. IT'S DANGEROUS. When I mentioned seeing how high you and a friend can get yourselves in Late-night Limbo: Part 1 and self-induced limbo in Part 2, I was talking about Life Balance.

Life Balance is a special song (to say the least) that brings about a special type of limbo. Wesley said that this song keeps him up at night. Unlike all other forms of limbo that I've discussed, this kind actually allows retention of consciousness and maybe even promotes body activity. This, however, says nothing about the exact level of mental processing that goes on while the mind is suspended in Life Balance. I'll tell you this upfront - it's low. Please don't expect much from this post, because I'm writing it while listening to Life Balance on repeat.

If I had a tail, it would be wagging. As is, my entire body is moving to some extent, with the exception, perhaps, of my eyes. Right now they're looking beyond my computer screen toward a white horizon where a white sky meets a white plane of nothing. I just thought of yogurt.

One time my brother was listening to me listening to Life Balance and he said he wonders how Japanese people get their voices so high; it's like unnatural. So I started singing along.

Yep, my voice can do that.

The first time Wesley and I had the true Life Balance experience, we were going to try and buckle down to do some work for math. Needless to say, no math got done that day. Instead, I drew this picture.



TEE HEE.

My head is hurting. Last I checked it was 6:51. It's now 8:05. I've written like 4 sentences in this post since then. My body is still moving.

That same day, I had an early 11 o'clock Fail, probably because I went and listened to Life Balance earlier. I just spent a minute lightly tapping the keys on my keyboard to make noise to the beat of Life Balance. I was up until 2 that day. By 9:30 my sentences were fairly incoherent. By 9:40 I was at the point where I didn't even know I'd said "nyeeeeeerg" to Wesley. We'd both pulled out our math books before 6:00, and by 10:00 we still hadn't opened them.

I can't do it anymore. Turning off Life Balance when it finishes. Body's still moving. I lied, I'm letting it play again.

TEE HEE.

Ever since that day, Wesley and I have been making really stupid mistakes in writing that you'd think are really hard to make. Normally people confuse things like, "they're", "their", and "there". One of us at some point confused "threw" and "through". Right now my body is kind of leaned as far left as the armrests on this chair allow, a-- Hey, it started again!

Life Balance distorts time perception through its ability to reduce productivity rates to near-zero levels. Part of that is because of distraction with random things like itching this spot a little bit below my right kneecap and noticing that because of the way the chair's rotated/rotating, my left hand is shifting back and forth more than my right (because everything is still moving) and wondering why I'm wearing a jacket to cover a short-sleeved shirt because I was cold, but then I rolled the sleeves up on the jacket anyway. I was just using my teeth to itch the back of my hand. The other part is just regular spacing out, like scrolling up and down on the page with varying speeds just because.

Ooh, if I force my legs to stay still, it feels like the inside of my head is still swirling around to the beat (yeah it's still playing). My dad just asked why my computer was making so much noise and I told him it was because it just finished a virus scan, but I think that happened at like 8 o'clock. It's 8:29.

OKAY, finally stopped Life Balance. Body's still moving. So is my head (the inside). I should get to sleep early today, because I was up until like 3:30 this morning, partly because I was listening to Life Balance at some point between 11:30 and 3:30, but I'm not sure when exactly.

I'm probably going to have to add to/edit this post later, like in a week maybe. If I don't listen to Life Balance between then and now-- WHEEEEE I CAN MAKE SENSE.

OKAY, let's see if I can actually write out a paragraph that makes logical sense, not just grammatical. It's funny because as I was typing out "grammatical" I originally had it with just one "m". Anyway, I'm still moving. Anyway, Life Balance brings about a special form of limbo that seems to allow the body to almost completely separate itself from mental control, thus freeing the mind to wander about, connected to the body by tattered strands of consciousness. Ooh, I just realized that the last paragraph was evidence of time travel making a subconscious presence in my mind, which, in turn, is evidence of the magical powers of Life Balance. I'm gonna stop writing now, because it's just not really working. It's 9:34.

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of that awesome psychologist we were watching that one time in psych class. :) it's so beautiful, oh my goodness, it's so beautiful, i sound like a golden retriever.

    ReplyDelete