Monday, November 1, 2010

Assigned Blog Post 06 - YOU SO CRAZY!!!

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?

(yes, caps and multiple exclamation points were necessary)

So, over the course of this course, I feel like I've gotten to know a lot of my fellow classmates much better, and a lot of that can be attributed to what I read on their blogs. Not only do these blogs give me an opportunity to steal delicious infos about the people with whom I spend about 1/4 of each day, they provide me great pieces of writing to simply enjoy as a normal person, someone who lives life and goes through all of its joys and pains and whatever else gets thrown in the mix.

Anyway, people like inx and David Cannon have a lot to say about themselves, and their blog posts express real emotion that I have to appreciate. I'm generally not the kind of person who can express his/her feelings too freely, so reading posts from these two almost encourages me to be a little more open. I'm not totally sure if this was inx's intent, but this post is possibly the most emotional I've read. Partly as a result of its length, it carries with it a ton of meaning that's filled with a kind of raw passion from the heart. As we discussed in class, it's sentences like these that make readers put themselves into them and shape the meanings to fit their lives individually, and that gives this kind of writing a hugely personal touch on readers that makes them remember it forever.

On kind of the other side of the spectrum are the blogs from Lich Arr and Wesley Lau, which often include more humorous or less serious posts. Life has its ups and downs, and these two blogs generally display the ups. Both of them include very detailed descriptions, whether that be in the form of visual imagery or musical analysis.

While I do read other classmates' blogs, I felt that these stood out the most to me, because DEY SO CRAZY GOOD!!!

1 comment: